Workshops with pre-registration
Registration closed on April 14
"Pre-Congress Course on Ultrasound Updating in Rheumatology"
- To learn the main applications, indications and limitations of ultrasound applied to autoimmune chronic inflammatory diseases and their extra-articular complications.
- To learn the definitions of elementary lesions and to interpret the most frequent pathological findings.
- To acquire competence for a basic ultrasound examination in rheumatology.
A theoretical-practical refresher course on ultrasonography in rheumatology will be held within the framework of the PANLAR 2023 Pre-Congress in Rio de Janeiro with the aim of meeting the growing need to learn and consolidate technical concepts of rheumatologists and related fields. Although ultrasound is already part of the daily practice in some realities, in our environment there is still pending knowledge to be shared and agreed upon.
The program will be articulated in a brief theoretical session to highlight applications and update concepts, to give continuity with a practical workshop where participants will be able to evaluate patients with rheumatic diseases with dedicated ultrasound equipment, under the guidance of experienced tutors from the PANLAR Ultrasound Study Group.
- Daiana Campos, Centro Medico, Rheumatologia, Brazil.
- Tomas Cazenave, Instituto de Rehabilitación Psicofísica, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Marwin Gutierrez, Center of Excellence in Musculoskeletal and Rheumatic Diseases, Mexico City, Mexico.
- Jose Alexandre Mendonça, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Campinas-Pucc, Campinas, Brazil.
- Anthony Reginato, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Brown, United States.
- Karine Rodrigues da Luz, Centro Universitário São Camilo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Javier Rosa, Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires Argentina
- Raul Pacheco, Rheumatic Diseases Clinic, Monclova, Mexico
8:30hs Welcome and introduction. Dr. Marwin Gutierrez and Dr. Tomas Cazenave
8:35hs Ultrasound in the diagnosis of rheumatic diseases. Update. Dr. Tomas Cazenave
9:20hs Ultrasound and its role in the prognosis and follow-up of inflammatory arthropathies. Dra. Karine Luz
9:50hs Ultrasound in rheumatology: Beyond the musculoskeletal. Dr. Marwin Gutierrez
10:40 – 12:40 hs: Practical evaluation of patients with articular and extra-articular pathology.
"Crystal-related arthropathies: A multi-modality approach"
"Capillaroscopy in rheumatology. A practical approach to its application in rheumatic diseases.".
- To distinguish normal images as well as those representing pathology in capillaroscopy.
- To learn about the sclerodermal pattern in capillaroscopy and its diagnostic and prognostic value.
- To become skilled in performing the capillaroscopy technique based on international guidelines.
12.00 – 12.05 Introduction to the course. Dr. Marwin Gutiérrez, Dr. Carlos Ríos
12.05 – 12.25 Knowing what is normal in capillaroscopy. Dr. Marwin Gutierrez
12.25 – 12.45 The sclerodermal pattern: how to recognize it and how to interpret it? Dr. Cristiane Kayser
12.45 – 13.10 Capillaroscopy in inflammatory myopathies: where we are and where do we want to go? Dr. Chiara Bertolazzi
13.10 – 13.30 Capillaroscopy examination with screen projection, analysis and interpretation of normal and pathological findings.