Submit your abstract to PANLAR 2023!
- Abstract Submission Opening: December 2022
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 19, 2023
- Notifications to submitters: Late February 2023
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
1. DEADLINE: The Final Submission Deadline is January 19th, 2023.
All abstracts for the 24th Pan-American Congress of Rheumatology must be submitted electronically through the abstract submission system. Abstracts cannot be submitted by fax, hard copy, or e-mail.
2. REGISTRATION: You can submit your abstract without being registered. The presenting author must be registered to present at the congress.
If your Abstract is accepted, your Presenting Author will have access to a special rate to register for the congress.
3. PUBLICATION: You will be asked if you want your accepted Abstract to be published at the official journal of PANLAR: Journal of Clinical Rheumatology. If yes, you will be accepting any edition the publisher considered to make in the format and/or wording of your text.
Even if you accept this condition, the publication’s final decision will be made by the editors of the Journal of Clinical Rheumatology.
4. ABSTRACT LIMIT: There are no restrictions on the number of submissions you may submit or on the number of submissions you may present.
5. LANGUAGE: Abstracts must be written in English. Tables, figures and abbreviations must be in English. Abstracts that are not in English will not be reviewed.
If you are not fluent in English, please seek assistance in writing your abstract. Poor English writing will be cause for disapproval.
Once the Abstract is accepted, the PPT (for the oral presentation) or the poster must be made in English. Then, the Oral Presentation at the congress can be done in Spanish, Portuguese or English.
6. FEATURES: Use clear language, avoiding complex characters or formulas.
Abstracts will be structured as: Background/Objective, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
7. CHARACTERS & IMAGES LIMIT: There is a limit of 2500 characters including blank spaces and punctuation, for text and references (this does not include authors’ information, title, keywords). It is allowed to include 1 image and 1 table; or 2 images, or 2 tables. Figures, tables and pictures included in the abstract, must be referred to in the text. Tables must be created with the correspondent tool in the form, they must not be uploaded as an image.
8. REVIEW: To preserve the peer review process, do not include any identifying information (e.g., institution or author names) in the body of your abstract.
9. REFERENCES: are not required (we discourage their use). In the exceptional case of using them, the limit is two (2) adopting the standard format of the publication (Journal of Clinical Rheumatology).
10. Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form.
11. DISCLOSURES: The presenter will be asked to complete Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships to finalize your submission.
12. PRESENTATION TYPE: You will be asked to select a preferred Presentation Method (Oral or Poster) and the appropriate Topic from the following options:
- Basic Science
- Sjogren and other systemic autoimmune conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Osteoarthritis and Pain
- Epidemiology (includes socio-enconomic, socio-cultural and gender-equity studies)
- Rheumatology Education
The final decision about the Presentation Method will be made by the Evaluation Committee and it is unappealable.
13. AUTHORS: Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract.
It is the author’s responsibility to submit the correct complete names of the other authors that will be reproduced in the certificate as typed by the author (in the case of acceptance).
Acknowledgement of receipt of the submission will be sent to the stated e-mail address.
The contact author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing co-authors of the status of the abstract.
14. ABSTRACT PROOF: Carefully check your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page to make your corrections.
It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; if accepted, any spelling or grammar errors might be corrected for publication in JCR.
15. COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION: Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the meeting. The submitted / draft abstracts cannot be edited after the Submission deadline.
Cancelled Abstracts will not be evaluated.
16. NOTIFICATIONS: will be emailed by late February 2023.
The Evaluation Committee decision will be irrevocable and there will not be evaluation revisions.
17. PRESENTATION: For abstracts accepted, it is compulsory the presenting author present the paper during the day and time allotted in the Congress.
18. CERTIFICATE: Only one certificate per abstract will be issued and will include the authors in the order of the submission. If the submission exceeds the number of 10 authors, it will be issued with the Working Group name.
19. TECHNICAL SUPPORT: If you have any difficulty with the submission process, please contact email@example.com